Nope – just another example of how Wheeler’s helps a variety of organizations with their printing needs. Obviously these are special Braille printed cards for our client, the Canadian Mental Health Association.
Thank you to CMHA for allowing us to help you with this special project.
Click on pictures to enlarge
I had read an article about QR codes the other day in a trade printing magazine. One of the gripes from the author was that QR codes are too big and blocky and just plain don’t look nice.
I have to say that I disagree.
We have many of our clients insisting on having QR codes printed their business cards with more and more making inquires about them all the time. I think having a QR code on your business card is a great idea. As you have heard us go on and on about, QR codes, that they have many different useful applications. They can go to a google map, a YouTube video, they can contain contact info or simply go to a company or person’s website and these examples are just brushing the surface on the vast amount of different applications.
Have a look at these three business cards we did for some of our local clients. The QR code doesn’t have to be a big, blocky, black blob. We can add some colour and make it more appealing to the eye so it becomes a part of the design and not just something that was thrown on at the last minute.
Click images to enlarge so it is easier to scan
Now, the most exciting way that we have been using QR codes is by incorporating Fluidcards. What is a Fluidcard you ask? Basically a mobile landing page that allows a person to add all of their contact information into a convenient spot for clients and prospects to access their information 24/7/365.
Check out one of my client’s here http://fluidcards.mobi/TheCabinetStudio
You have access to The Cabinet Studio (Canada) Inc.’s phone, their email, their website and even their twitter and blog links! The best part is that by downloading a vCard to either your mobile device or desktop computer, ALL of The Cabinet Studio (Canada) Inc. information is easily populated into the user’s address book.
Get more information on Fluidcards and QR codes by contacting me today at email@example.com or by phone at 519-254-5237 and I will send you out our 8-page informational booklet.
Second Sight Photography can be reached at http://secondsightphoto.com/
Lora Crestan can be reached at http://www.solsticegroupcoaching.com
Peter at Ideal Heating and Cooling can be reached at http://www.idealheatingandcooling.ca/index1.asp
Make sure you never reply, “I am sorry, I am all out at the moment.”
Business cards are a very important part of networking and gathering new clients and contacts for your company or organization. The worse thing you could do is have no business cards on hand when someone asks for one. Your business card is worthless until it is in the hand of either a potential client or someone who is in the position to refer business to you.
So here are a few quick tips for making sure your card doesn’t get filed under G (garbage) after you’ve handed it out.
- Spruce it up with some colour! Full colour cards are just as affordable as single colour cards so treat yourself to some colour!
- Keep within your branding. You spend a lot of time and money on brand awareness, make sure you stay consistent with your other printed materials as well as your online presence.
- Make sure the client knows how to get a hold of you. Phone, fax, mobile, postal, email, website, toll free numbers – make sure the customer can reach you conveniently at their preferred method.
- However, don’t put too much information on the card. This is a business card, not a brochure. While you always want to make sure you advertise the service or product you offer, you don’t want to overload the viewer. Use the backside or your card or even how about a QR code that links them to more information or even a video of what you do?
- Typically you should stay within the standard 2″ x 3.5″ size. If it is bigger or an awkward size, they may not fit comfortably in a wallet or business card holder.
- If you want to catch someone’s eye, why not use a textured card, reflective foiling or even a matte laminate to not only make it thicker but give it a nice finish.
- Get them professionally printed! If your card is poorly printed or has perforated edges, this may not leave the best impression on who you are giving it to.
Remember, the business card is often the first impression people have of you. Your card directly reflects their opinion of you so make sure it is a good one!
Whatever your need, from basic to high-end, we’ve got you covered at Wheeler’s. Give me a call today 519-254-5237 and let’s discuss what we can do to give your card the WOW factor. Remember, that depending on the finish of the card and wheather it is printed digitally or on an offset press, make sure you leave extra time when ordering, you don’t want to be left with no cards in hand!